The Alaska Permanent Fund is one of our state’s greatest resources, and we believe that it is important for Alaska students to understand the history of the Fund, and how it works. While studying the Fund, students will also learn about finance, investments and balancing risk and return.
We have prepared materials that can help teachers present the Permanent Fund in the classroom. Hardcopies of some of these items are available upon request.
- Quizzes, a classroom presentation and a guide to the content standards covered in these materials is available for download at the left of the screen. A quiz key is available by emailing the APFC.
- Alaskan’s Guide to the Permanent Fund covers the history, structure, investments and operations of the Fund. It is available for download at the left of the screen, and in hardcopy for classroom use.
- 30th Anniversary video, like the Alaskan’s Guide, covers the history, operations and investments of the Fund. This six minute video is available for download or on DVD.
- Fund Works poster, pictured below, is available in hardcopy for classroom use.
Please email us your request for any of the items that are available in hard copy, and for the Guide please include the following information:
- how many Guides to send for one classroom set
- your name
- subject area/s.