The application process - A, B, C
A. CHECK THE QUALIFICATIONS - OVERALL AND INDIVIDUAL -
- Make sure you meet the overall minimum program qualifications.
- Check apfc.org regularly each spring term, when recruitment bulletins are posted. Application deadlines range from mid-February through late April.
- Apply only for those positions for which you qualify based on the individual qualifications listed in each recruitment bulletin.
B. APPLY FOR POSITIONS -
- Follow application instructions on each bulletin.
- When sending out your first application, also email the APFC one complete set of your materials (cover letter, resume and transcript copy) for our records. Unless you are applying for one of APFC's in-house positions, send the APFC just the one representative set of your materials.
- Along with one representative set of application materials, provide APFC a list of all positions to which you are applying, by the deadline for each position. As you send out additional applications, just email APFC by the position deadlines and tell us what firms you are adding.
NOTE: Students who do not observe steps 2 and 3 will become ineligible. To summarize this requirement: notify APFC of each firm to which you apply and ensure that APFC has one representative copy of your application materials. Meet all deadlines - we make no exceptions.
C. IF YOU ACCEPT A JOB -
- Notify APFC by email within 24 hours of accepting the position.
- Do not turn down a job offer after accepting to accept one from another firm in our program.
- If you have accepted a job offer but find that you cannot take the job after all, promptly notify the firm and APFC.
Your application - some useful advice on cover letters, resumes, and interviews.